Pink Sparkle Shrimp
|Name ||Pink Sparkle Shrimp |
|Category ||Salt Water |
|Hook ||Daiichi 2546 or Equivalent |
|Thread ||Clear Mono |
|Antennae ||Two Strands Pink Krystal Flash |
|Body ||Pink Latex Strip Wrapped or Pearl Diamond Braid |
|OverBody ||Pink Krystal Flash |
|Legs/Beard ||Pink Krystal Flash |
|Eyes ||Small Black Bead Chain |
- Tie in a bunch of Pink Crystal Flash fiber at bend of hook. Leave enough in front and to the rear so that when they are cut, two strand can be left to form antennae. The fron portion wil be tied over the back of the hook shank after the body is wrapped.
- Tie in Pearl Diamond Braid or Latex Strip in fron of the Krystal Flash and begin wrapping about two or three turns.
- Tie on black bead chain eyes and secure with figure eights. Wrap thread forward to behind the eye of the hook.
- Wrap diamond braid or latex strip forward to just behind the eye of the hook and tie off.
- Tie in Pink Krystal Flash legs(beard).
- Bring the Krystal Flash that was tied at the rear over the back of the hook and tie in behind the eye.
- Tie off thread and whip finish.
- At the rear of the hook, snip off the Krystal Flash, leaving two long strands for the antenae and the rest about 1/4 inch long.
This fly is great for Coho in the salt when there are no bait fish around. In sandy bottom bays dredge it along the bottom. In open ocean situations, work it near the surface. Imitate the movement of the shrimp with a long draw retrieve and an occasional popping of the rod tip.